Thursday 13 October 2016

VIJAYDASHMI : Defeat of Devil


On my way to my home , at various places i saw the effigies of Ravan standing to be burnt on the Dusshehra. But my mind blocked  at the question - why do we celebrate festivals like this which virtually don't have any effect on us .We don't change, we still are the same bad , with evil of different types in us. Any of us hardly consider this auspicious occasion to bring any change in us. I just got perturbed with the question. Why don't we burn the "ravan" within us.The ravan had been killed long ago; its the ravan in us that causes evil in our society. Suddenly the ravan came into my imagination laughing his loud laughter and asking," why burn my effigies when i am no more in the world?".What is the use of burning me if you have forgotten the reason to celebrate the day and burning my effigies. The festival was to commemorate the defeat of evil on this day, you people began to celebrate so that my sins are not repeated by you; so that you can check yourself before you get overpowered by the evil in you. You can kill the evil by burning the evil in you with my effigies. I can be an example, an experience before you. 
But you now don't care about even to think once. You don't even see that how many bad things are within you. Even when you realise your flaws, you try to sideline the thought. Some smart souls says they will donate on the occasion and that will be their penance. But that way we are cheating ourselves. When we ourselves are not making any effort to remove the evil from the society, why do we expect god or someone  else to spread justice and goodness in the society that is ours and made by us.
I got hopeless! Really , when we analyze  the situation of the society & country, its hopeless only. But within seconds the darkness went away in some unknown way. What came to my mind was just that still we should not leave celebrating the festival, still there is logic, still its useful, its giving something which is incredibly valuable. We are continuing to know  the motto atleast. It is known to us if not used and realised  by us and the situation has not got to the worst until. I am hopeful if not today the day will surely come when the real reason for the festival will be back with its original motto  and glory.   















































































     





























































No comments:

Post a Comment